UPDATE ON THE LAB PARTNER

Well well well! This is the continued story of the Lab Partner. A couple things have happened and I felt compelled to update. I will update in two parts for length purposes.

 Firstly, he didn't end up being lab partners. We switched last minute, so now he sits at my table but is partners with someone else. It's not a big deal (It's actually probably for the best)

Onto the story, I did something immensely embarrassing. So we had a test in our science class today and last night our professor had a test review. Since my campus is huge, I have to take a bus to get to the science building. When I boarded the bus, the guy (lets call him D from here on out since that is his first initial) was sitting in the back. I guess I wasn't quite ready to let it go, so I attempted to be a little flirty... Which was my first mistake. My second mistake is how I went about trying to be flirty. From the front of the bus I texted him "Nice hat". I figured that this was simple, to the point, could be taken as flirty but also not, and conveyed everything I wanted. Because, really, I just wanted him to know that I was on the bus with him and that I noticed him. Even though it makes sense, I am still cringing at the fact that I actually did it. It literally would have been less painful to walk up to him and say: "nice hat." Then it could at the very least just be taken as a conversation starter. But no. I had to text him. KMS.

However, the weirdest thing (yes, weirder than my text to him) was his response. He didn't send a "Oh, hey, you're on the bus", or a "Haha, you ready for the test?", or even a simple "Thanks, haha". No. Instead, he replied (and I quote): "Thanks I love your pussy". Like WHAT. THE. HELL. I am still genuinely confused by what this meant. Is it like a thing people say nowadays? I don't think so. Or, at least it's not according to Urban Dictionary. So is this something D says often in response to things? Who knows. Beyond what it means though, what did he mean by it? Was it a casual response? After all, outside of initially catching me staring, he probably has no reason to suspect that I am gay. I don't give off many apparent signals or anything. Or has D maybe picked up on me and is just even worse at flirting than I am? Was I supposed to be flattered by that? So many questions, and I don't have an answer to a single one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Baggage

Vertically Challenged

Burned In The Back Of My Mind