Denim Difficulty

Today I am bringing you all a slightly random and off-the-wall post about a problem I face every single year: Jeans.

Now, I love a good pair of jeans. They're a wardrobe classic and can be worn for basically every outfit in fall, winter, and the beginning of spring. My issue, however, lies in the fit. I have never found a perfectly fitting pair of jeans.

 I guess the issue lies in my unique physique. You see, my entire life I have been extremely thin. Too thin. Every time I went to the doctor for a yearly checkup, they would find that was I was generously beneath the healthy weight for my height, and proceed to ask many pointed questions about how much I ate and whether I ever felt the desire to throw up food after eating it. From the time that I was about 13 until I turned 17, my doctor was very convinced that I had an eating disorder. I even received a congratulations from him when I was 17 and started weighed in the healthy bracket. The thing is though, I have never had an eating disorder. My body was simply incapable of gaining fat or muscle.

So, when I was 17 I joined a gym and started working out about 4 times a week. Though I still have a very thin physique, I do have a healthier look with a bit of muscle. However, despite not being able to gain the muscle I want on my torso and arms, I have developed quite the predicament: I have very muscular thighs and a bit of a bubble butt (not to toot my own horn as a bottom, lol). Only, I retained my extremely thin ankles.

This has introduced a big problem, however, because I can never find a pair of jeans that fit. My preferred style of jeans are skinnies, but they never fit right. Either they are suffocatingly tight in the thighs and slightly too loose around the ankle, or they are great fit in the thighs but gape hilariously  around the ankles. It is an ongoing struggle.

This year I took to tailoring a pair of jeans myself. Finally, I have a pair that fits how I want them to. The struggle now is getting up the courage to buy a good pair of jeans only to cut and sew them up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High School Baggage

Vertically Challenged

Burned In The Back Of My Mind